Il Borro | San Giustino Valdarno | Tuscany | Italy
Province of Arezzo
The historic Dimora, dating back to the 1800s, is Il Borro’s most exclusive, sumptuously elegant residence. Situated in the heart of the Estate, it towers imposingly over the Medieval Village, making Il Borro an albergo diffuso, or hamlet hotel, like no other.
Built-in 1854 by the German princely Hohenlohe Waldenburg family, the historic Villa has the architectural features typical of 19th-century residences, enhanced by the harmonious color of its facades. In the early 20th century, the Villa belonged to Duke Amedeo d’Aosta, a member of Italy’s last royal family. Heavily damaged by bombing during the Second World War, in 1993 it was purchased by Ferruccio. Ferragamo, who carefully restored it to its former glory.
Promotion of the local area, while safeguarding its customs and traditions and keeping them alive for future generations, has always been the philosophy at the heart of Il Borro Relais & Chateaux. Today, the Historic Dimora is an exclusive location offering the ideal accommodation for families or small groups wishing to spend time together in total privacy with a dedicated staff for a customized and excellent service. It is a unique destination for family get-togethers, events, and meetings.
Completely detached and arranged over several floors, all of which are connected by both stairs and lifts, the Historic Dimora enjoys extensive views over the entire Estate. Refined and carefully selected details make the Historic Dimora charming, elegant, and one of a kind. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, wine cellar, garden, outdoor swimming pool, study and billiard room provide the key elements for an unforgettable and extremely pleasurable, relaxing stay.
Original wallpapers, frescoed ceilings, canopy or Empire-style beds, fine materials such as parquet and marble, and Murano glass chandeliers are just some of the luxurious décor details featured in each room. Wi-Fi is guaranteed throughout the property. Dimora Storica is located right in the heart of the resort, within walking distance to shops, restaurants, spa etc. but at the same time no one has access to the villa grounds, it is fully private.
The Historic Dimora can only be booked as a unit for the exclusive use of families or small groups up to a maximum of 20 people.
A wide staircase leads to the mezzanine and second floors where 10 spacious, airy double bedrooms with breathtaking views of the estate are located. Eight of them have has an en suite bathroom with a shower and bathtub. Each room is equipped with individually adjustable air conditioning and features elegant, classical decor and high-quality finishes. Situated on the first floor is a small but practical kitchen for all needs.
The various common areas are ideal for enjoying time with family and friends. Located on the ground floor is a beautiful, airy living room, fully furnished with wall bookshelves, a wood-burning fireplace, comfortable sofas, and an elegant original 19th century piano. Adjoining the living room is a spacious dining room seating no fewer than 20. A continental buffet breakfast is served here every morning by the villa’s dedicated staff. The kitchen, fully equipped with all appliances, is available for the guests’ use, or they can request the Chef in Villa service. An intimate, traditionally-furnished study is equipped for your business meetings. Other rooms at guests’ disposal include a TV room, a dining area next to the kitchen, and a frescoed sitting room on the second floor.
RELAXATION AND RECREATION
Located in the basement of the villa are a number of areas designed for guests’ relaxation and recreation. The private wine cellar containing a selection of Il Borro winery’s best wines is available to guests on request. The English-style billiard room, with its bar counter and subdued lighting, is the perfect place for a casual evening. For fitness enthusiasts, a gym for the exclusive use of villa guests is equipped with a treadmill, benches, weight machines, and more. Additionally a Finnish sauna for relaxing after a workout. Completing the amenities is an indoor swimming pool with a vaulted ceiling and arched windows overlooking the Italianate garden.
The various outdoor spaces surrounding the Dimora provide the perfect setting for events and special occasions. The 300 sq.m. Italianate garden with a central fountain is overlooked by a spacious terrace with breathtaking views of the Medieval Village. The swimming pool with furnished poolside and barbeque area is your ideal party location, and what more delightful place for moonlit evenings than an outdoor living room on a sandstone terrace.
SERVICES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
- Staff on-call 24/24h for our guests
- Guaranteed internal shuttle service, or chauffeured car on request for journeys to destinations outside the estate
- Laundry service
- Chef in Villa
- Cooking Classes
- Wine Tasting
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilities (Additional charge)
SERVICES & EXTRA
- Tickets to attractions or shows (Additional charge)
- Free! Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Cooking class (Additional charge)
- Bike tours (Additional charge)
- Walking tours
- Temporary art galleries (Additional charge)
- Tennis equipment (Additional charge)
- Horse riding (Additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
- Tennis court
FOOD & DRINK
- On-site coffee house
- Fruits (Additional charge)
- Bottle of water (Additional charge)
- Wine/champagne (Additional charge)
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Fantastic coffee!
- Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible parking
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Street parking
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
ENTERTAINMENT AND FAMILY SERVICES
- Children television networks
- Baby safety gates
- Babysitting/child services (Additional charge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Safety deposit box
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Shops (on-site)
- Car hire
- Gift shop
- VIP room facilities
- Family rooms
- Barber/beauty shop
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
- Room service
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness/spa locker rooms
- Spa/wellness packages
- Spa lounge/relaxation area
- Steam room
- Spa Facilities
- Body scrub
- Body Treatments
- Hair coloring
- Hair cut
- Hair treatments
- Makeup services
- Waxing services
- Facial treatments
- Beauty Services
- Sun umbrellas
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- Pool bar
- Pool/beach towels
- Infinity pool
- Hammam (Additional charge)
- Massage (Additional charge)
- Spa and wellness center (Additional charge)
- Fitness center
- First aid kit available
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Cashless payment available
CLEANLINESS & DISINFECTING
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
FOOD & DRINK SAFETY
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware have been sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Connected to the Dimora via the Italianate garden and the indoor pool is the more recently-built
- Sala Caccia or Hunting Room, a multi-purpose space that is also ideal for informal get-togethers.
- As the name itself implies, it was originally used for lavish shooting party lunches for groups of friends.
- The hunting trophies displayed on the walls evoke fond memories of those times.
- The large dining room with its wood-burning fireplace can accommodate up to 60 people.
- The outside terrace with a view over the medieval village and the Italianate garden is the ideal setting for romantic cocktail hours.
- Serving the Sala Caccia is also a fully equipped kitchen and 2 rooms for staff.
- Opposite the Dimora is also a small private chapel, which is available to guests and perfect for intimate Christian ceremonies.
Please contact us for availability and pricing details
Luxury Vacation Rentals
Luxury Vacation Rentals
“Never leave home sweet home”
The luxury vacation rental homes in the Lauren Berger Collection provide the finest amenities you could desire for any getaway, corporate retreat, special event, or relocation. Find out more about our lavish properties around the globe.
Estates & Mansions for Rent
The properties in the prestigious Lauren Berger Collection include mansions for rent and estates for rent that make for an excellent venue, retreat, or expansive space for a short-term or long-term relocation.
Charming Villas for Rent
Our collection also includes a variety of luxury villa rentals and apartment rentals in prestigious locations. Enjoy staying in a lavish space overlooking Central Park, sitting on the waterfront of Italy’s shores, or residing on a private beach in the Caribbean.
Luxury Beach Rentals & Ski Rentals
Whether you are searching for a getaway on some of the finest beaches in the world or a ski trip in charming mountain towns, Lauren Berger has a property for you. Browse luxury beach rentals, mountain chateau rentals, and more in our collection.